• What if I have broken my denture?

    Broken dentures can usually be repaired relatively easily. Please resist the temptation to glue them together yourself as this often makes a subsequent repair very difficult and in some cases impossible. Contact us to organise the repair.

  • What if I have knocked a tooth out?
    • The tooth needs to be re-implanted into its socket immediately.
    • Try not to handle the tooth root to protect the fibres around the root surface.
    • If possible, place the tooth back into the socket.
    • DO NOT place the tooth in water.
    • DO place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks, this protects the ligament
    • Contact us immediately
  • What if I have lost a crown?

    Keep your crown in a safe place so it can be re-cemented ASAP to avoid damage to the remaining tooth structure and avoid the need for root canal treatment. Contact us immediately.

  • What should I do if I have a swelling?

    Swellings are caused by an infection. Contact us immediately to receive treatment or antibiotics.

  • What should I do if I have a toothache?

    If you are suffering from a constant, painful toothache, this indicates something is wrong that requires attention. Contact us immediately to organize an appointment as quickly and conveniently as possible for you. Oil of cloves can help to alleviate toothache in some cases. Painkillers such as Nurofen (Ibuprofen) or Panadeine (Paracetamol + Codeine) are recommended; please do not exceed the maximum dose.

  • What should I do if I have fractured my tooth?

    Fractured teeth can usually be repaired so there is no need to panic. If the tooth is painful, avoid hot or cold and avoid eating or chewing on that side. Painkillers such as Nurofen (Ibuprofen) or Panadol (Paracetamol) may help. By contacting us quickly we can repair the tooth and protect the tooth nerve ASAP. If you have the fractured piece of tooth we can sometimes rebond it, although this isn’t essential as modern dental materials allow us to create lifelike repairs.

  • What should I do if I have sore gums?

    Sore or tender gums can be caused by many things. The most common are food impaction, tooth eruption, gingivitis or mouth ulcers. The best immediate treatment is to rinse with SAVACOL mouthwash and to contact us immediately to arrange an appointment to assess and manage the cause.

  • What should I do in an event of a dental emergency?

    Please call the practice immediately so that we can arrange an appointment as quickly as possible for you. We keep time aside each day so that we can provide prompt emergency treatment as required.

We’re happy to help!Get in touch with us